Accessibilty: Site Navigation

Left Sidebar

Main Content

Useful Links

General Advice

Advice Now

Independent , not-for-profit website, which provides accurate, up-to-date information on rights and legal issues.


Self Help advice from Citizens Advice.

Community Legal Services

Offers free, confidential and independant legal advice for residents of England & Wales.

Can help you to find a legal advisor and calculate whether you are entitled to legal aid.

Coventry City Council

Access up-to-date information about local authority services.


Provides information from across UK government departments on a wide range of topics.

Gives details of government services that can be accessed online.

Provides information on topics and has a directory of national and local services.

Domestic Abuse

Local and national help for victims of domestic abuse.

Later life in Coventry

Information and advice specifically tailored for the needs of anyone over 50 and their friends, relatives and carers

Money Advice Service

Making the most of your money.

Association of Personal Lawyers (APIL)

The website offers advice and information on your rights if you have been injured and can help you find a solicitor or legal adviser.

Youth Access

Information, advice and counselling for young people


Housing and Council Tax Benefit

Find out about how to claim and exemptions

State Pension

Information on qualifying for the state pension, how to apply etc.

Benefits and Financial Support

Guide to benefits, claim jobseekers online and information on jobs

Tax Credits

Making it easier to find out if tax credits can help you and your family


Citizens Advice Consumer helpline

To get information or advice, call the helpline on 08454 04 05 06. Helpline open Mon - Fri 9.00am - 5.00pm

Financial Ombudsman Service

A free and independant service that helps settle disputes between consumers and UK businesses providing financial services. For example, they might be able to help if you are having a problem with an insurance company or bank.

Office of Fair Trading

The Office of Fair Trading enforces consumer protection and competition law. Their website offers general advice on consumer rights in the UK.

Consumer Council for Water

If you are unhappy with how your water or sewerage company handles your complaint, you could ask the Consumer Council for Water to take up your complaint.

The association of British Travel Agents

ABTA regulate travel agents throughout Britain and help to protect consumers by enforcing rules and regulations. They can offer advice on how to solve problems you might be having with a travel agent.


National Debtline

Offers free, confidential and independent debt advice.

Freephone: 0808 808 4000

Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm       Saturday 9.30am to 1pm

Information packs, sample letters to use when writing to creditors, debt advice available from the web site.


Payplan are a free debt management organisation who provide debt solutions to people experiencing financial difficulties. They are experienced in setting up repayment plans, Individual Voluntary Arrangements and advising on mortgage solutions.

contact 0800 280 2816 Mon-Fri 8.00am - 9.00pm/Sat 9.00am-3.00pm

Consumer Credit Counselling

The Consumer Credit Counselling Service are a charity who provide individually tailored debt and budgeting advice, debt management plans and debt solutions enabling clients to repay their debts.


ACAS (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service)

Provides general information on employment rights and responsibilities and can also help employees and employers who are involved in an employment dispute to identify practical ways of sorting out the problem.

Pay and Work Rights Helpline

Confidential helpline provides help and advice on government enforced employment rights. It provides information on issues including National Minimum Wage rights, agency workers and working hours.

Equality and Human Rights Commission

Advice or information about discrimination, equality and human rights you can contact the Equality and Human Rights Commission.

Health and Safety Executive

Work to protect the rights and responsibilities of employees. They also make sure employers understand their legal responibilites in the workplace.


Local Housing

Information and advice for Coventry people on homelessness, applying for social housing and the private rented sector


Provides advice, informaton and help with legal and practical housing problems for those

  • facing eviction
  • struggling with arrears
  • homeless
  • having trouble with their landlord or mortgage lender

Elderly Accommodation Council

Advice and guidance on any aspect of care, support or housing for older people.


Office of Immigration Services Commissioner

Responsible for ensuring that all immigration advisers meet good practice requirements.  

Refugee Council

Provides information and advice to asylum seekers and refugees. They also provide a service for children who arrive in the UK alone and to help adults find employment.

Asylum Aid

Provides specialist legal representation and advice to people seeking asylum in the UK.

Freedom from Torture

Work with survivors of torture, assisting, protecting and promoting the rights of torture survivors